• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lemon and warm water for breakfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranimal

Bluelighter
Per advice from a nutritionista friend of mine I have been taking a half fresh squeezed lemon mixed with a cup of warm water every day for two months now. Not only do I feel energized every morning, I feel healthy as ever. There is much info on the subject if you GIS it, but I'll give just one link here:

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/lemon%20water.htm

In addition to increased liver function, apparently there is a host of benefits to adding this to your diet.

I usually take it 30 minutes prior to eating food in the morning and it really has been great.

ed13bb870c24615a

P.S. Make sure you buy good quality lemons.;)

Usually used in detoxing. It helps the colon out and brings the toxins out of your body.

The temperature of the water helps the body out so it doesn't have to work so hard to make it the temp the body needs it to be, and also warm because it helps work out the toxins easier.

it helps to clear mucous out of your system and get your digestive tract activated for the day, so recommended it in the morning.

Last edited:
Is this supposed to be taken alone or can you eat a normal breakfast along with it?

well as long as you are getting some protein and carbohydrate you are fine.

The lemon also does wonders for the skin - you can feel it.

As far as the subsequent meal goes I've been alternating between Oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins or...

...these amazing little vegetarian sausages I've found made by Morning-Star. I defrost one for 15 seconds in the microwave; break it up in a bowl; add egg beaters or low a cholesterol egg product/substitute. While that microwaves for 2 minutes I toast a bagel.

Voila - breakfast on the run in less than five minutes with lots of protein, carbs and other good stuff.

You can add other ingredients such as cucumbers and such as you like, but it may take longer.

Don't forget to add some sort of spices to the mix right before you microwave. I like it hot, so whatever I find that is caliente it's getting added.

Did I mention it's delicious? Because it is. On the weekend I may have two... oink!

Oh yea, vertually no cholesterol if you pick your ingredients right.

ServeImage.aspx

Nonsense....

Notice this "water resonator" being sold on the link provided by the OP:

wr-190.jpg

Siberian blue crystals, enhanced with pure copper windings and gold-plated neodymium magnets, designed and made by Tibetan Buddhist Monks

Its only $495

would this work as well if you dont eat breakfast? i know its bad but i rarely eat breakfast, i was wondering if all that acid without some carbs/protein to balance it out would be bad for the stomach? i have acid reflux so it might be too acidic for me anyway, i do want to try it out though.

Nonsense....

Notice this "water resonator" being sold on the link provided by the OP:

wr-190.jpg

Its only $495

^ omg

>>>What the Hell ???? does that have anything to do, that is advertisement that they do in every darn page when there is an article of any kind!

Last edited:
would this work as well if you dont eat breakfast? i know its bad but i rarely eat breakfast, i was wondering if all that acid without some carbs/protein to balance it out would be bad for the stomach? i have acid reflux so it might be too acidic for me anyway, i do want to try it out though.
Acid Reflux with lemon

The potassium in lemon neutralizes the acid.

Taking a glass of hot lemon water in the evening is also useful. Dr. Albert in his book, Fruits for Health has written that people have a wrong notion that lemon is acidic.

As a result, because of ignorance about its medicinal effects the patients of acidity do not use it. They should know that lemon neutralizes acids.

Lemon juice cures acidosis.

You can take lemon juice in water several times in a day. To improve the taste, you can mix honey; do not add salt to it.

If you are suffering from hyperacidity, do not eat food for 2-4 days. Take only the juice of such items as lemon, orange, mausambi, pineapple, carrots, pumpkin, cucumber, bottle gourd, etc.

http://www.total-health-care.com/home-remedies/acid-reflux.htm

http://www.drugs.com/npp/lemon.html
http://www.lemon-info.com/2009/01/21/lemon-juice-health-benefits/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, just out of common sense, I would say you can drink it at any other time half hour prior to meals!

Also, acid reflux may be caused due to your missing breakfast!

Also, according to what kind of foods you eat, which you could be avoiding to assist you.

hmmmm... i think i'll try this

(would it be safe to add some equal in for a sweetener, or no?)

Artifical Sweeteners

hmmmm... i think i'll try this

(would it be safe to add some equal in for a sweetener, or no?)

Responsible health pro's agree that Equal is bad for you. I won't touch it.

Most everything I've read about sugar substitues has not been good. The jury still seems to be out on Splenda, but as data rolls in I doubt it will be very complimentary.

I find that aprox 1 oz of fresh lemon juice dilluted with very warm water goes down easiest. As the water cools the drink becomes more bitter.

The one cup concoction of fresh lemon juice and watershould be downable before it cools back down without sweetener added, but then I can drink good tequila w/o a chaser so my palate may not be the best bench mark. :\

Try honey like LiTM suggested.

I also have a drink convinient alternative to sugary soda temptations, but I'll save that for another post.:D

What the Hell ???? does that have anything to do, that is advertisement that they do in every darn page when there is an article of any kind!

It says, "Popular water-related products designed to enhance the use of Lemon Water". The website provided by the OP is not an article with ads; it is an online retailer selling all manners of nonsensical products (such as the "Life Force 2000" ).

As a result, because of ignorance about its medicinal effects the patients of acidity do not use it. They should know that lemon neutralizes acids.

Have you ever tested a lemon with pH paper, or done one of those lemon battery experiments as a kid? Lemons are quite acidic (citric acid, thus citrus fruit); the juice has a pH of around 2...

Sure, lemons are a good source of l-ascorbic acid, potassium and perhaps some flavonoids, but its not some miracle cure...

Also, note that in one of your sources (the only reliable one), it states the following:

Citrus juice is often implicated in the worsening of gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms.

quote:negrogesic>>(Popular water-related products designed to enhance the use of Lemon Water)<<Hey, that does not take away the properties of lemon! It's an advertizement-period!!!!
Clear thinking does it!

quote:>>(Have you ever tested a lemon with pH paper)<<In regards to the pH test, it is supposed to be done when diluted in the ammount of water suggested, and tested for its pH, and add more water or less, according to the pH required!
Please! Commone sense!

In regards to your last sentence, there are pros and cons to everything, and you picked something which is disputable. Perhaps they meant pure concentrated lemon, and we are talking about diluted and pH balanced according to your needs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.